Terms and Conditions
Co-opted Board Member (Digitalisation): £5,000 p.a.
Co-opted Independent Committee Member: £2,500 p.a.
Terms of Office
A maximum of 3 x 3 year terms, with annual appraisal review.
Board Members are expected to have the capacity to be able to commit to fulfilling their duties and responsibilities as effectively as possible. As a guide, an average of 2 days per month / 1 day for a Committee Member is anticipated per year after induction to include:
- Effectively preparing for, attending and participating in formal Board and Committee meetings (plus panels, working groups and any special meetings called from time to time).
- Attending the AGM, away days and training activities.
- Proactively maintaining good communications and effective relationships with all Board Members, the Chief Executive and other members of the Executive.
- Regular engagement with the Chief Executive and other members of the Executive.
- Participating in ad hoc discussions and electronic communications between meetings with other Board Members and employees.
- Preparing for and attending (including occasionally speaking at) Group events.
- Participating in other ad hoc events such as Board Member and senior staff recruitment; meetings with Regulators, etc.
- Preparing and attending own annual appraisal meeting.
- As these posts are remunerated positions, although home to duty travel will not be payable, other reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.