Role: Co-opted Independent Board Member (Digitalisation)
Responsible to: Chair of the Board
Term: A maximum of 3 x 3-year terms, with annual appraisal review
Time commitment: Average of 2 days per month
Remuneration: £5,000 per annum
Summary of Role:
To share responsibility for Board decisions to determine the strategic direction and policies of Bron Afon, preparing, attending and participating at meetings, including Board and Training and Development events, and acting in the interests of Bron Afon to ensure the Board effectively achieves its objectives, accepting accountability and the concept and reality of collective responsibility.
- Be committed to Bron Afon’s values and strategic objectives, acting at all times in the best interests of the organisation as required by the adopted Code of Governance
- Work with the highest degree of integrity and within the Code of Conduct
- Able to show strategic leadership to help deliver Bron Afon’s objectives
- Take joint responsibility for Board decisions
- Take responsibility for own performance and personal development
- Ensure attendance at, and preparation for, all meetings and events
- Contribute strategically and constructively to debate and decision making
- Work collaboratively as part of the Board and build strong relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to setting risk appetite and ensuring effective risk management
- Apply individual skills and experience to Board business
- Act as a role model and ambassador for Bron Afon.
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
Experience in either of the following:
Candidates are sought from a broad spectrum, including wider than just the housing sector. Skills, knowledge and expertise are required in relation to Transformational Change; ICT Infrastructure Platforms – cloud-based solutions; ICT & Cyber Security; Social Media / Web Development; Data Analysis & utilisation; Project Management; and, agile working.
An understanding of:
- The operating environment in which Bron Afon functions
- Social housing and its management
- Effective and compliant governance and regulation.
- Annual Performance Review
- External observation of Board.
Bron Afon’s Real Values:
Our values are important to us and guide how we work. They were developed with our members, staff
and partners. You won’t just see them on our walls and website. You will feel them whenever you are involved with us. They will help make sure our decisions are the right ones. They are REAL.
Respect: We value everyone, and treat all fairly, politely, with dignity and respect.
Engage: We are proud to be owned by the community. We support and involve others in shaping what we do to make lives better.
Ambition: We bring passion, creativity and commitment to what we do and want to be the best. We take pride in our work and celebrate successes.
Listen: We listen to understand what’s important. We are caring, responsive and open to change and improvement.