How to Apply
Thank you for expressing an interest these positions. If you have read the candidate briefing information and you would like to apply, please follow the guidelines below.
Please submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) and covering letter, ensuring that you quote the appropriate reference as below:
Co-opted Board Member (Digitalisation): ema413
Co-opted Independent Committee Member: ema414
It is important that your CV highlights supporting evidence of how your previous experience and skills relate to the criteria outlined in the role profile and person specification. Within your CV, please ensure you supply the following:
- Full name and postal address
- Work and home telephone number, mobile number and email address (NB most written communication with you will be electronic)
- National Insurance Number
- Confirmation that you have permission to work in the UK
- Confirmation that you are not disqualified from acting as a director for any reason
- Confirmation that you are not bankrupt or subject to agreement with creditors
- Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, confirmation that you have no unspent convictions or any offence that could bring Bron Afon into disrepute
- Employment history (explaining any gaps)
- Education and dates your qualifications were obtained
- Current Memberships of relevant professional associations/Institutes and dates.
Your covering letter (maximum of 3 pages) should be used to convey why you are attracted to the role, describing how your leadership style and skills will help Bron Afon map out their future purpose, direction and priorities. The covering letter is considered an important aspect of your application and will be used to assess your motivation for the role.
Please could you also confirm when submitting your application:
- If you work for or have connections with any concern that has any form of relationship (business or charitable) with Bron Afon. This includes any close relations who work for or provide services to the organisation.
- If you are currently employed by or act as a Board Member of another Registered Provider of social housing.
An Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Form can be downloaded here. This will assist Bron Afon in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved. Any information collated from the Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Forms will not be used as part of the selection process and will be treated as strictly confidential.
In line with GDPR, we ask that you do NOT send us any information that can identify children or any of your Sensitive Personal Data (racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation, genetic and / or biometric data) in your CV and application documentation. Following this notice, any inclusion of your Sensitive Personal Data in your CV/application documentation will be understood by us as your express consent to process this information going forward. Please also remember to not mention anyone’s information or details (e.g. referees) who have not previously agreed to their inclusion.
The timetable for the selection process is included below. In your supporting letter, please advise us if you have any difficultly with the outlined dates and/or any other dates when you are unavailable for assessment. We try to offer flexibility, but it can be difficult to convene the selection panel outside the advertised selection dates due to diary commitments.
Please return your application by 6 September 2021 to our retained consultants at ema consultancy Limited (ema) to firstname.lastname@example.org Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Assessment and Selection Process
All applications will be considered and assessed against the requirements of the Job Description in order to select an initial long list of candidates. If you have been successful at this stage ema will contact you via telephone/email immediately following the initial longlisting meeting with Bron Afon.
The information outlined below has been agreed with Bron Afon:
|Closing date for applications||6 September 2021|
|Screening Interviews||w/c 13 September 2021|
|Final Interviews||1st and 4th October 2021|
If you have any queries about the position or the selection process; or if you would like an informal and confidential discussion with our consultant, please do not hesitate to contact Anne Elliott at ema on 07875 762029.
Managing Director, ema